Eurocount Umbrella

Maximise your income with our umbrella solution.

Working through our umbrella company offers an ideal first step into contracting, without all the hassle and responsibility of paperwork.

Eurocount will handle your administration for you, calculating your tax and NI contributions and making payments to HMRC.

At the same time, you’ll be paid swiftly and accurately, emailing payslips and there will always be someone available to talk to if you have any queries or concerns.

We have dedicated two phone numbers , you may call us or request a call back at your convenience.

To register with us please email us, our contact details are to the left of this page








Some of the expenses you can claim are listed below but are not limited to these.




Training and Text books


Accomodation and Food



Eye Test

Pension Contribution

Charitable donations

Professional Subscription


You can claim the cost of travel to and from your temporary place of work. Mileage rates are 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles in any fiscal year and then 25p per mile thereafter. This allowance is to cover fuel and running costs of the vehicle. If you are traveling to work as a passenger in a car you are entitled to claim 5p per mile. You can also claim for parking and congestion charges but you may not claim for parking fines or speeding fines. The cost of travel by public transport can be claimed but you must have a valid receipt. A mileage allowance can also be claimed for travel by motorcycle and bicycle at rates of 24p per mile and 20p per mile respectively.



The cost of hotel or bed and breakfast accommodation can be claimed as an expense as can the reasonable cost of additional meals taken in conjunction with overnight accommodation. There are no set allowances for accommodation but the cost must be deemed to be 'reasonable'; this also applies to the cost of meals. 



The cost of protective clothing that is worn to protect your everyday clothes can be claimed as an expense. Clothing required for the performance of your contract that could not reasonably worn outside of work can also be claimed. You cannot claim for ordinary clothing which would form part of an 'every day' wardrobe even if you would not be likely to wear your working clothes anywhere other than at work. You also cannot claim for the costs dry-cleaning or alterations.



According to HMR&C legislation, an expense cannot be deducted under the general rule for employees' expenses in Section 336 ITEPA 2003 unless it is incurred "in the performance of the duties of the office or employment". This means that the training course must be wholly and totally relevant to the performance of your duties under your existing contract. It is not enough for the expense to be relevant to the job, or to be incurred in connection with the duties of the job.



The Inland Revenue will permit you to claim, as an expense, the cost of fees and subscriptions paid to professional bodies or learned societies.



Claims for equipment must be supported by evidence that they are specifically required for your current contract and that the equipment is wholly necessary for you to perform the assignment. Any general pieces of equipment for your role as a contractor are not permitted by HMRC.

If unsure you may call to clarify.



Pensions are big news as they represent one of the few remaining tax breaks available to contractors. You can invest part of your income into our pension scheme and we process this as a tax benefit for you. You save not only the income tax that would ordinarily be payable but due to the pension contribution, your employers and employees national insurance contributions are lower than they would have been.   


Payroll giving is a scheme that allows you to make a flexible donation to any UK charity from your gross salary. This means you get immediate tax relief on your donation whilst contributing to a good cause. For more.



In summary, whereas some expenses are easily classified and claimable others might not be,

We strongly advise you to call our office or email us for clarification, we also advise that you only claim 

for those expenses that you have actually incurred for the business.


Contact Information